Tuesday, October 18, 2011

oct 18

Days I walk tall in the sun, casting longer shadow than the rest. In a 'loud' pumpkin shirt. Oh well, tis the season I'll say and then disappear because I have to study for a math test. The probability of embarrassment or failure. The gigantomachy: battle of the gods and the giants in my head. The depth necessary to make dramatic action. The architects and the artists remembered. For the first time in history. But hey, me? Study me? Unlikely. Body of work must be more extensive. Huge. Impressive. Intimidating. When did he do all of this? Like the parthenon. Like the pyramids. Like mathematicians who observed patterns in numbers and things and created notation that will help others to understand. You find the long way before attempting the shortcut. You will never learn anything if you go straight for the short cut. The spark notes, the websites where you can buy college assignments or class notes. Miss a day, hey, I understand. Miss two days. You are lazy or too unhealthy. Take more vitamins and get your lazy ungrateful ass to class. It seems like a crime. To miss class. No matter what. But you are robbing YOURSELF. Anyway. Listen to punk music and feel nothing. Write a book and mail it to a friend to publish. Write a letter and burn it up before the words can escape. Chronicle. Write me down. Remember what I did and who I am for better or worse. Privacy vs torture. Simple as that. A one bedroom apartment for two motherfuckers. Then again, I'm still meeting strangers on the street with captain morgan breath and giving out my number at random intervals to people I won't remember. Or cruising from one place to another. College college college. Where are you from? Why did you transfer here? Why the HELL did you transfer here?I did not expect this to be the most commonly asked question towards me. Oh well. I'm done ranting at the moment. My bowl of cereal has reduced to simply a bowl of milk and my coffee smells like it's done. It's going to be a long day in my pumpkin shirt.