Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sleeping without music

I want to sleep while listening to music. It is much too hot to sleep peacefully without the assistance of a fan or an A/C unit. My girlfriend is already asleep. I've fallen asleep next to her with headphones in multiple times. Now what. What can I do? I'm filled with a sense of hot indecision. The air everywhere untreated is hot and painful to exist inside of. I can't sit downstairs and write at this hour. 1:13 am. It is simply too exhausting. My brain is fried but I couldn't ask for drunken privacy like this at any other hour.

A writer's dilemma. 

Better said... a writer never published... his dilemma. I have not found the right resources to launch my words into the atmosphere. 

As of now, 400+ blog posts later, with infinite notebooks and deleted, shameful, high school writing. I have a back ground history of diabolical writing. 

What to do with it. 

It's too hot to find out these nights. Shouldn't the air be cool and comforting to bundle up? Wear multiple layers before existing the house? 

No. It's comfort in the stupid heat. Brain cells rot and grow tired. They take on the form of tourists on vacation in a state you moved to. We die dumber than we were born. 

It's too hot for clarity or argumentative philosophy. 

I know he is a good listener. But no one else cares what I have to say. They love to be absent. They hate the idea of being constantly present to the situation. It is too intimidating. They have their alcohol and tv shows to keep them warm once they set the A/C unit too high. Nothing logical or demanding of rhetorical evaluation. God damn it. Breathe with me alone. You're absent mindedness is no longer cute and high-school. This is real life. Grow up.