Thursday, October 9, 2014

oct 9

In a flash I miss everyone. I have burrowed into my own life and rarely tunnel over to see the others. An apartment that entices lethargy because of its comfort. There are tapestries up-hanging, multi-colored posters and art and a cat and some guitars. I desire, so strongly now, a flat in New York. Drunken friends experimenting with the wherewithal to remove clothes and dance. We could use a cocktail shaker to mix up the acid with our blueberry lemonade, fresh picked from the rooftop garden, our huge glassy windows over looking other huge glass windows but even with the telescopes and inevitable binoculars we would not close those blinds. We would tear down curtains and perform for them. The act of thoughtless youth. Of folly and mistake and tears and sex and drugs and a carefree existence up within the clouds. The soot and rock of depression crumbled under foot, trampled plants, sweeping evening under the rug.

Art reviews and poetry. Publishing ritual deaths with asterisks including blood pyramids and pagan beheadings.

What am I talking about?

I miss everyone. I miss the people I never had relationships with. I miss the opportunity (because of where they are and who they are now. Looking at a few specific connects. San Francisco. New York. Vancouver. Spread across Washington and Oregon. Denver, Colorado and a ridiculously expensive trip to see a great friend. A shame full up in the heart to turn down the invitation based on plane tickets.)

What about the others. Can there be others?

Long Beach, California. Los Angeles. Olympia, Washington. Anacortes. Boston, Mass. These are cities, not friends. There are loose, loose threads connecting me to these cities through my friends. Matthew in Denver desires to see me this winter break for a week or so. With infinite resources and a totally blind lack of guilt for the squandering of such money.

Is it squandering money to be youthful? To visit a friend? To be frugal and spend nothing on booze for a month and save more money than I can admit.

Woodbury. Ashland. Tacoma. Brooklyn. Neighborhoods. West Seattle. Capitol Hill. Eastlake. Ballard. Fremont. Northgate. Et. al.

Be a better person.