Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7

With some inner turmoil and a tentative smile I kiss the air above the passenger seat goodbye. I hadn't written in days and like a virus, present-tense-life overtook and now I am reeling in my sheets, headache matching the brightening sky. I chased the sunrise back from the airport. Saw Venus bright like a beacon of childlike hope, sparkling and shining in a blue mystery beyond this man's comprehension. Then the sun began to wake up this side of the earth and venus becomes again lost in obscurity. Intangible and hidden behind a huge blue curtain.

That feminine touch disappears in a grey mist, above the clouds in a metallic shell. Week's worth of living and feeling, opening doors and hearts, doors to hearts. Filling to capacity on the moments colliding. Now the too-big mattress, more firm than I remembered, stoned and afraid, towel used and abused left bhind a necklace and I nearly bought a bouquet of flowers to plant firmly in the dry ground. empty the contents of our cups in order to keep plants alive. go for strong details in reassurance that everything you do is necessary beyond any single doubt.

Climbed down into a gully toward understanding and a mortality, naked in the woods with rattlesnakes hiding dormant between crags and rocks, where there is a baby there is a mother, angry and protective, a life suddenly turned from the free-form wandering to maternal protection, something natural yet aggravating. There were overhanging trees from which shade helped us survive, the skin on my back becomes like charred popcorn on bad scary movie night, my intelligent quotient drops elegantly below old levels but there is something to arouse suspicion in the facts between the worlds. How nice to be stupid and happy.