Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1

Struggle against the current. Release responsibility and allow your body to float away from your past. Your spirit, disembodied, can spend time back at shore, caressing memories, but your skeleton will continue forward as if the ground and your skin both disappeared in a sudden flash.

This is motion, like riptide oceans.
Magic potion to heal any negative notions.
We live in boxes out of boxes
until sharp edges become less defined
we run fast as foxes after foxes
rounding the corners of our open minds

This place is new and inviting. No part of my history is related to this moment. It is a movement unfamiliar and desperately flailing about like sea life come ashore.

What to do with all of that unfamiliar empty space? With these spacious high walls and stairways to heaven. What do I do to deal with the embarrassment of loud voices in the night? How could I count my material possessions as blessings without a tinge of uncertainty? The misplaced value of such objects. I have random things. Barely anything belongs to me and I could care less about their value but I was hooked up years ago and since then, moving wildly forward with such gifts fucked beyond recognition.

Enormous bed. No room for things in bedroom. Closet space.