Thursday, June 26, 2014

june 26

I would sleep through the war if I climbed back into bed with her. The shape does not move. Frozen clock. Split the country and find the cold coffee heralded in through balcony wine nights with reflective views of cross street buildings and an every day relationship forming with the classmates of summer the summer warriors and the minds all eager to soak up these days with a fervor. Rearrange furniture to keep balance between wild Dionysian desires and the rigidity of Apollo. Slow drag of the sun across the sky. The consistent nickname ruins hope for change. "they call me consistent apollo." That works for a modern world of cogs and wheels of human machinery and cooperation.

My dreams accused me of horrible things. I heard voices of disappeared friends echo all around me like sword stabs at my back from most directions. All but direct. I woke up with the sunrise. Again with the alarm. Again with the trial and execution of my self and my relationship held up to their eyes for awful scrutiny and the arizona sun kills herself when night comes and comes and never goes. it stays in our hearts when the dust spools up again.

Accused of wasted time and promiscuity. Feel the filth of failure fold me.

Otherwise. Dreams lingering in the corners of my eyes and haunted shallow. I am waking up from the fourth and last identically scheduled day of the week. For this morning I began to write a ballad poem about the eruption of mt st helens and the man who lived at the lodge up there who refused to evacuate. he spent so much time in the majesty of the mountain that he felt his soul had fused with it. to leave her wilderness would be death. so he resigned himself to let her consume him with her fiery breath. as for a third person outside perspective I imagined mt rainier watching the events take place.

Lexique le france.

additionally.... I imagine neighbors at my parents house taking down trees and opening up a view of mt constance and then that afternoon watching it erupt and explode although not a known active volcano.

maybe that is ideal firework view from above fox island.

recall the parking lots of the last two years and shiver inside.