Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feb 16

Resign to a life of fruitless labor with resin caught under your finger tips. No officers. No officers I'm sorry, it will never happen again I swear. Do you know how scared I am? Thank you merciful officer, thank you savior. My life is such that you have governance over me and I want you to live in my heart.

Run, rabbit, run.

Yes. Queen. The Dear Hunter.

I asked the girl what time it was and ended up walking her home.
I saw stars fall onto fields and erupt into flame.
The village turns yellow and orange and hot.
Relapse into evil wishes. Granted with hands capable of murder.
The list goes... on and on and on and on and on

They figured out how to mix such random riffs and time signatures.

He's not a reader. Knows a lot of cover songs. If I had time on my hands to waste getting stoned and playing guitar, I probably would. And it wouldn't be a waste of time. I consider it a waste of time now only because I have to ration my time out wisely for a solid education. If I were to spend a day smoking and playing guitar I would have to make up for it with an overworked day the next. Until spring break or something like. One day I'm free I will buy that guitar effects station I've been thinking about. Something under 200 bucks. Something sick that has everything and that is intricate in its design. But not so much that I can't figure it out. Mental note: Learn how to use every part of the loop pedal. The...

What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?

Map out my desires and predict what happens once I reach the light at the end of the tunnel. This chart must be concise and accurately labelled. To save from any possible confusion. Maybe I'll work out to make myself feel a bit better. Add random vocal accents. Here and then. Easy going day for me. What with a list of peaceful errands. Commands. Fix a pipe. Pick up an incense burning. Buy some music. Probably classic rock...

ideas... King Crimson, Yes, Jimi Hendrix and other classic rock.

also jazz... duke ellington, buddy rich. gene krupa.

the dave brubeck quarter

oceansize

neil young

marvin gaye

van morrison - astral weeks

bobby dylan

old flaming lips

forgive durden

dave matthews

john mayer

strung out

johnny cash

jayhawks

cursive

elvis costello

doomtree

flotation toy warning?

omar rodriguez lopez

-------------------------

"If I ventured in the slipstream,  between the viaducts of your dream, where immobile steel rims crack, and the ditch in the backroads stop."

Killing two birds with a boulder. An avalanche of motivation. The lower back aches. Lumbar. The neck aches. Cervical. Seven invertebrates. Write a full song with a 4/4 drum beat underneath a 3/4 pattern on the other instruments. Slow. Peeling the skin off. Burning off fingerprints with a searing iron. A boiling pan of water. Or cut them off with laser precision. Your legal identity disappears but I bet your blood record is somewhere on file. The time you got mono when you were 17. The time you spread it unintentionally to one person for no reason at all other than boredom. Another was asking for it, in your sisters house, in the back bedroom. A drunk mess who turns the shower on. Hey your cigars are here. A friend says. And the girl leaves unscathed. What about the night I could not even walk I was so drunk. I never put down a fifth and woke up with the last person I ever wanted to see. Low moment. This is one I repressed because of my shame but the heart of storytelling... of good storytelling... is to expose yourself or your character's self and their deepest regrets or motivations. Those low moments where pride is concerned. Wake up with blood in your hair, shards of glass in your backpack. Wake up next to a nasty girl. Slice off the top of your thumb with a knife. It grew back. Cover your face from the impact of the embankment. Hitchhike in the snow with a thumb up signalling speeding, angry, cars. Resign to walk. 'I'm looking for my sister.' Hitchhike in dark unknown streets. So comfortable in his bubble, even a short walk away is suddenly vicious and dangerous and the people are shady. They don't understand his fear. He shakes for no good reason and leads them to ruin. Sun dials. Falling off the garage and knocking yourself out. Sleeping with pine needles on the dirty old couch. Walking the girl home and kissing her out of some necessity. Stumbling back through safe darkness trying to understand what was happening with the shifting universe. The neighbor's lift shifts back and forth and we threw our bottles into the woods, at trees, to smash them up. Go out to the water tower with a swisher and a can of axe body spray. Put a shirt on to smoke while wearing but then leave it somewhere away from the noses of parents. Drench ourselves in cologne and wear air fresheners around our necks like medallions. Driving trucks straight into the garage. Wake up annoyed. Embarrassed and paranoid high. The fear. The dinner with family ruined to an extent. It's simply rude. Writing in notebooks with chicken scratch. 'he chokes as I sleep.' Filming pranks and shoving people in recycling bins. Skateboards and lawn chairs behind bikes. We could have been killed. Probably. The car accidents and the drunken stumbling. A lot of self-actualization in these nights. He puked on himself in a pink bed. Wearing an interesting purple shirt and posing like a model. Everyone is in college now or working. We don't do these stupid things anymore because our innocence was destroyed and we can't quite compete with those old dreams. That's fine. We can be reckless in other ways than shoving junk bikes off of jumps in the woods. As a test run before taking the bike down with a kid on it. Snowangel into the hot tub and back and forth. Zipline and trampoline. Destructive childhood through adolescence. Now on the cusp of something else entirely. I will be 21 this year. And so will many of my best friends. If someone could explain this to me I'd be happy to listen.. I don't even have any tattoos! I haven't climbed mt everest! I'm too old to be a prodigy unless something big happens write fucking now!

Those embarrassing moments are the best to recollect. The bass strap that falls off at an attempted spinning move. No back up vocals. Too nervous. Need to be tough and hard blooded. If I am in a rock band ever again of that hyper type, I promise to go nuts on stage. Plan moves and learn to play every song upside down and backwards. Simple practice and you can be a badass! the youthful abandon is also a solid lesson