Monday, July 16, 2012

july 16

And here's me again, day-drunk, headed to the amusement park...


-------


Playing catch with his son, a grove of mandarin oranges of leather smell of baseball gloves. The train derails itself near that field of dreams, charring the countryside with chaos and confusion. Or it impacts a train coming the opposite way. When destinations cross.


-------

Experience the after effects of fatty foods when the mind starts to sweat and the body reels in pain and throbbing head. It is a food coma. It is the feeling of falling lazily down a set of soft stairs bouncing off the walls, no pain inflicted. I need to write. But never force the words... Today? A morning of work and contemplation of job termination. Submit an application for Sam Ash tomorrow. See where that goes. After work ate two sandwiches and sat back randomly looking through pictures to determine possible album art. Spoke with every family member today. Even talked to myself briefly in the parking lot. 'Hey thanks a lot for your help Nate. Let me introduce you to my daughter.' Screaming and horror through the walls. A dog barking lunatic, screaming girls and the ridiculous accusations. I heard terrible whining earlier and knew the crickets are stomped by people like this. I do not know if I like her much. I am judged too harshly because I judge too harsh. The world is not an easy place to exist in freely.. Then went to the gym and pounded weights listening to circa survive and making eye contact with random other members. Hey man, are you using this. No go ahead dude. Okay thanks. Or with the women on the treadmills and stationary bikes. (There is a whole world outside. It is not stationary). Return back home in a great mood, sing songs and rewrite a part of something new. SOmething in 7/8 with interesting lyrics. Acoustic and incredible. Challenge myself as a musician with it. Write the lyrics and let them ring out.

The song should be about getting stoned and reading beautiful prose.

that's one idea.

the other about constant movement between cities and the jet lag feeling... standing still for too long makes me nervous a tree will fall and crush me.

the mountain ranges and the pretty faces hidden up in big clothes

or about how money is a corruptible power influencing the modern world into chaos

write about a deserted island... we are alone and we can have anything

alcoholic college kids

I was an anxious mess

the horror from the back room
leading me from their miss fortune
of having been introduced personally
to their most wild and reckless dreams

this is me being young they say
I'll never grow up one day
but the tide will swallow their cries
in complete and utter silence
the messages in sand erased
no more guiding lights or saving grace

we are all in this together
entirely alone
we are in the center of a hurricane
nauseous with each rolling wave
the calm before the storm
you have been warned
make savage testiment
to the passage of time
we are here
we are forever here
our bodies are fragments
of a pulsating spirit
there is no way to kill us all
the world slips away this fall

college kids taking notice
of the new trends
updating their habits
to new dead ends