Thursday, July 26, 2012

july 26

and when it grips you
no choice must obey demands
that ransom note swallows hope
and we are nocturnal
night-breeders
intellectual
mind-feeders
your spine feels it

shudder!

shake or vibrate deeply, tremble convulsively, typically as a result of fear or repugnance... (of a person's breathing) be unsteady, esp. as a result of emotional disturbance

I shudder to think
move back to your street
seek invincibility
from the horrific scene
stay tuned, elude, you're glued to your seat

develop cataracts in that faded recliner
soaking up nonsense, that cable provider
what if everything you thought you knew was wrong
that your enemies were accurate all along?
national security and paranoia sweeping
our concern for safety is intoxicating
an opiate for the illiterate
attending lectures about human spirit
of some sort of philosophical shit
give me my bong, fast food and tv
give me wartime reports, give me causalties
I am the reason we are lagging behind our true ambitious nature
I am the conformist plague beneath the sweeping vultures


------

realize isolation, entirely self-appointed. I am alone here, they are all together out there banding against with steadfast ignorance and blank perseverance. throwing down people and trash cans in my pursuit of something grand. In isolation chamber, the black abyss for two weeks in shawshank, give me padded walls, and something funny to look at, a mirror. study the face and the describing characteristics of the human body. watch movies and avoid people because they terrify... given more free time won't I just continue to loaf around without socializing? shaking off the cobwebs the game is to avoid sex the first night perhaps. drink and enjoy and kill the sun. we are returning to some more familiar place. we used to understand. maybe we no longer do and it will be a horrible, sad, week. but i doubt that highly. we will be great. my fear is my freedom from a work force and the inability to converse normally with anyone interesting.. help me stranger...