Friday, March 29, 2013

march 28

The names and faces etched into the bathroom stalls of my mind. How could I ever remember those forgotten exclamations? The drunken revelry that brought us back together constantly like magnets or a worse metaphor. Airports are as sad as they are happy as there are departures as often as arrivals depending on the time of year and the appeal of the place as a vacation destination for sweating tourists complaining of heat or rain. I hug you goodbye with the same ferocity a tiger attacks its prey. I earned my stripes. The hello was a quick tentative kiss with eyes glancing sideways to the white haired angel floating beneath her halo a few yards down the runway. There she was with a secretive smirk, analyzing the world with its nauseous rotations and the drinks imbibed make the straight lines swerve chaotically. She remains static in this chaos. That relaxed countenance with a knowing glimmer in the eyes. Reveals the world to itself. Hides nothing under that frosted looking glass.

Advice given out like pig slop to hungry, snorting pigs. Did they give a care for what they have consumed? The inspirational quotes and the harrowing details of love lost and ambition found. It seems time to work more now than ever. This is the time to become the beacon of excellence the others have failed to see or to ignite or it becomes dowsed in a torrential downpour of mediocrity and trite condensation. We use literacy with intention to provide warmth in the hearts of likely animals or the cold sweat down the necks of unlikely souls. For when the words come at you from a random source, and you are in a vulnerable position, they have the ability to crack the foundations of your thinking. Your mind can be destroyed by the senseless words of a magazine add. The combination of letters and the meaning of those random swirls as your mind becomes receptive... this can uproot housing developments. this could unglue the wallpaper from the old hospitals. this could guide us through dark alleyways without prejudice.

-----

I saw the glow behind your head. I envy your genuine interest. We drank beer that tasted like lotus flower tea and I envied the glow behind your head. I saw the gleam, the glint in your eyes that my mother also noticed. Some courageous glance that conveys honest longing and appreciation. The physique of a young couple with something to prove. We can get it together.

Tired enough to sleep alone. My exhaustion allows me to ignore the beastly heart of mine, gnawing away at defensive arteries and without chemical release. I will become a wretch for the time being. Huddled in corners over books of musical composition. Learn, I will. Sleep, I will also. There is much to learn from sleeping naked and alone.