Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 7th

This time I will let the thoughts breathe. Blissful silence will separate every syllable. At night I dream in my natural silver tongue. English, clearly.

Too much space and distraction occurs. We have the time frame to destroy grammar and lose all clarity. I've already driven off course beyond a fixable distance. No maps could redirect me home. I'm sorry, fellas. This is all I know.


------------------------------------

Last night, I allowed myself to be crushed under the influence, of gravity.
I opened my chest and soaked my heart in chilled whiskey.
and I let ice cubes melt in my veins
lower the temperature of these fever dreams
broaden the temperament of those crazy scenes
the people lost themselves with me
and made horrible noises as they
dealt wildly with their own mortality
I moved from the floor back onto a barstool
and ordered another round
one on the rocks for every sorry soul
in the room
I give a silent toast to my reflection in the line of bottles

------------------

Let the chemicals ruin my artistic abilities, find happiness in the sovereign words and the mysterious places that strangers hold in their minds forever with high esteem. where are these places and how can I get there safely with my two feet?