Sunday, May 12, 2013

underneath the maroon ceiling, dreaming of sicily

wishing to god that I could quickly travel vast distances and see a globe of dissonant cultures. I want to expand my numb skull and fill in the blanks with images of traditions that are non-traditional to me. I wish to soak in the rays of sun in Bermuda and feel them to be truly different than the failed melting pot of Southern California, where the sun becomes offensive and abrasive during a handful of months midsummer. There will be no night's dreams. There will be no Shakespeare references.

across the street from where this current journey began... this is the place I had all of my things gathering in a rented car. we drove through the desert and ended up here. hotter than hell. I look at the place I stayed for a single night. I feel myself smiling back in the past. I was happy to be involving myself in something I didn't know anything about. A new experience. Something fucking wild.

Now that it is repetition. I need to move. I need other cultures. I need foreign cuisine in a foreign setting. I need to avoid chain restaurants. I need a fresh breeze from a direction I've never felt.

Deep exploration. Not the frustrating L.A. heat. I need cold weather and warm bodies. I need beards and flannel. What do those John Lennon glasses see?

Where do I go?

Where on earth should I go?

There are wonderful places to explore here. Now. Find them. Get everything out of this warped valley. Get everything out of it. Sap it.

Find the freelance jobs. Find the music lessons. Give me one, I give you one. Teach yourself theory. The theory of everything. Fall in love with the music. Exist truthfully and in eminent satisfaction. Never let the sun go down inside your heart. Never resign to a typical life.