Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28

Strange dreams. All of the things I consumed before my sleep came up in them. A bit of alcohol. I discussed a catchy melody with Elliott Smith. Everything means nothing to me. He smiled but was shy about it. I discreetly hide away with a body. Helped a friend out or something. Someone was accidentally murdered in cold blood. The Browning poems I read had a sort of theme like that. Girl escapes from party to enter the arms of narrator. How can I preserve this moment? he asks himself. Strangles her with her blonde hair. "She is mine forever" The other is a man showing off his things, warning of what happened with his last duchess. vague. could have been killed. there were commands involved. she smiled at everyone. had no respect for his name.

Otherwise. Professor quit early because people were talking. About what?

Sing and sing and sing. throat dry. but felt strong. sounds better while singing and playing then listening to a recording of me singing and playing. (go flat a little too often. no warm up. the needle and the damage done.)

we're drunk with guitars
in charge of personal transportation
things with wheels
but that do not go fast enough (on flat land)
to hurt any other person

it is a blister
not a callous
I am callous to call it a blister
my fingers sore
in the best possible way.
who cares when I sleep
if I don't
I will study into early hours of morning
because it might give my soul a sense of ease
justify my actions to my father
he backs me up
ask for help from my mother
she backs me up
but can sometimes confuse me
given too many options
and so much money
a thought in the back
(this money could have been spent on that fake ID)
or half of a new bass
because that's what I am now.
I slept on it and I want it.
Sorry for you my dear beloved
I'm aiming for the stars in other galaxies
move into Korea town
on a month by month lease
and a shit job
and christian lyrical mysticism
no interest in green card
I will be content with my reading and my music.
Might make friends
Might be a hermit.
Writing from strange corners of the landscape
I will learn where not to go by going there
there is no other way than experience
for such simple matters.