Thursday, June 7, 2012

june 6

1:54 am

Steam stirs up from old mug like yawning spirits, swirling up from their places of rest to enter our world and haunt and spook. But they are commuters. And I am nowhere near the target. There is a hole in my thumb from grasping the lawn mower. We are changing the game with incredible layered vocals and melodies. I search through the slime to become free and home free. My own biography. Must fabricate a wonderful and inspirational story. How many people will edit without my consent? Is it free information to use and consume? We'll see. For now I wait in the rafters. Tea is boiling. Charring skin on impact. Extreme jumps in confidence for both vocals and bass player but not necessarily at the same time. Incongruity. We expedite our demise with clever devices. Tobacco and peppermints. Talk of hard drugs and experiences of waterfront. Curious where the entirely family comes from. Is this how we will all be socially? Test the waters. Or simply dive in. Either way it will end in a splash. Damp feeling of gravity. We call it fate or some such. They are optimistic people but I don't have any heart to shout out my opinion. A dive bar in the jewish district. A million beautiful blondes but I only ended up having a good time when I had headphones on in the studio. Listening to the sound of my own voice, surprising me with a vocal talent I thought I lacked. This EP destroyed any insecurities I had regarding my voice. My throat is sore now because I went for the yells. The gift of punk. But only a swear word will be isolated and everyone will wonder what they heard. Try and try again. We ate their food and never thanked them. Feeling the pressure of the investment. Too professional to let me have any input because I am a pawn in their game. Fine. Cool. I have power over them. No one is ever truly powerless. Everyone has a better or best self somewhere and it is a great message to send out. Get off your ass and go live your dream because it is possible. Blaming your problems on something external is too damn easy. A scapegoat for a sedentary, safe, lifestyle. Without danger is without life. I'd risk myself in the pathways of bullets or tigers rather than joining the cubicle suicide watch, the doors open from top to bottom here, automatic with a switch.. Rocker girl with tight leather zip up dress and black hair. Crazy on you. Try me and try to see that we are more than audience members. I want to hold out for you and care about the dreams we can share. The others of this musical, rock and roll in the modern age, circus of drugs and drinks. Always thinking marketing. Always thinking about what is takes to make money. (What are you going to do with all of that money?) Just act. Stop thinking. Making my own money would be great so I can pay back all of my debts. They are seriously when they say buy us a nice place to retire to. Suddenly they'll pack up and head off into unknown directions. Had sudden fear never leave the house and let the yard swallow it up entirely. Upkeep is constant. Green is everywhere. I miss only the little things. Big thins are always there to summon when ultimately necessary. Split lip and spitting fire. I try to dance around my opinion because I fear I will offend those who I am trying to work with. It is an incredibly advantage for a band to have a strong sense of humor as well as a do-it-yourself demeanor... everyone is motivated toward a common goal. Suddenly we are too old to even KNOW any high school girls. We are dudes on a mission and somehow it has to all work up fashionably.