Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8

Glorious music at a wonderful sunrise beachfront. For you I have an unlimited surplus of respect. All of that dormant, untapped potential remains in storage (safe, sound). Draw from it like a syringe into the vein but not too much. Small portions of enticing moments. Riffing with words. I feel as though I haven't much explored. I have no idea which way I am facing but I have work to do for the band. The reason I am here. Might as well draw both guns and fire away. The target cannot elude such a barrage. There are battalions of ships at my back. (pirate flags). Fingers moving quicker each day as I self-teach myself into a new level of playing. Are lessons necessary for this instrument? They were. Are they still? I must just teach self more explosive theories. All of the notes in a mode. Where to hit them up and down the neck. 5-string symphony. make the magic moves and all else will follow.

there is a canyon to explore. and hollywood. huge bookstores. music shops. coffee houses where authors disappear without much notice. I am the author of my fate and there are so many improvements that can be made in preparation for huge crowds, beautiful women, hard drugs, body modifications, narcissism. We are in this together and we must build up all of our excitement. Practice bass spins on the lawn. Not to the ridiculous extent. Watch someone pull off a bass spin. No one will think it was stupid. Likely it would be the only memorable thing I can do on stage for the non-musician witness. Witness this sick shit. We will throw a hot box listening soiree. We will put all of our eggs in one basket. the basket is fortified. high walls all around.

Am I paralyzed by the amount of options I have?

There is work to be done. For myself. Of myself. On myself. I am executing ideas more rapidly than they can manifest. This is excitement. Get myself to a music store. I must find books to leaf through in my spare time that will improve me as a musician. As a person. Read. Read. Write. Learn. Grow. Draw on experiences of others as well as past. Learn Protest the Hero songs. Sing comfortably throughout the day. Find capo. Learn theory better. Grammar better.

I do not look down at you
Rather through a fog
The haze around your whole city
You've lost yourself in
the best way
Obfuscate
my remains
there are no clear lines anymore
Will you continue to follow that double yellow line into the ditch?
Never enough preroll
tattoo yourself in remembrance
of who you wanted to be

and who you now are

beautiful loser in the sun
burning up in the cosmos
there are particles
bouncing off your skin
some remain and invest
in living arrangements
there is not a place
I have solid evidence
beyond right here
right now

my mentors turned human
crippled and small
I realize there may be a
polarization of respect
I respected to earn new followers

your heart ache no longer hurts me
I deflect it off like a big mirror
you are more hollow than an empty canister
canteen in the wilderness of
alcoholic park rangers molesting backpackers
there are bears that will attack
but they will not eat your vegan bullshit
they are true animals
as are we
we all forgot our roots
and what we owe
forever
to the natural world

explore that canyon
find springs where girls frolic
in the sun
this summer at malibu
picking up where
I left off with someone else